Butter Cut-Out Cookies
2 dozen small cookies
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Sift and then measure 1 3/4 cup flour.
2. Resift measured flour and baking powder.
3. With electric mixer combine butter and sugar till smooth.
4. Add egg and vanilla to butter mixture, mix well.
5. Stir in flour mixture.
6. Wrap tightly and chill for 1 hour (if possible)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
7. Roll on floured surface to 1/8 inch thick and cut into shapes.
8. Bake on parchment paper on top rack of oven at 375* for 8-10 minutes.
ALLOW TO COOL before removing from cookie sheet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : Cool completely before frosting.
Sugar crystal sprinkles should be on cookies before they go in the oven.